Resource efficiency consulting
Growing global demand
Growing raw material prices and the need to save energy pose challenges for companies. Resource efficiency requires integrating a wide range of factors – depending on the industry, material and energy efficiency are still the commonly predominant issues.
Resource efficiency is possible
According to research by the Fraunhofer Institute, an average reduction of 14 percent in energy and 6 percent in materials used could be realized in manufacturing industries. Climate protection and increasing cost leadership go hand in hand.
Benefit from our experience
Our team of process and environmental engineers support you in increasing material and energy efficiency and in optimizing your production processes.Take advantage of our many years of expertise in resource efficiency and consulting.
- Material flow analysis: We analyze target-oriented the material and substance flows within your production systems.
- Material flow cost accounting: We look at the waste produced during each production step and identify the overall costs that are associated with these losses.
- Energy management and flow simulation: Comparing different scenarios we create create a solid decision-making data base.
- Integrated approach: Together we take a closer look at your entire production process, integrating your available data into a systems model
- Evaluation: We evaluate the impact on the entire system following efficiency improvements.
- Training: Learn all about the methodology of process modeling, resource efficiency analysis and MFCA as well as their practical applications using our software Umberto.
- Production: Detailed knowledge of each process, smarter production processes and improved product design.
- Resources: Visualization of resource demand, evaluation of efficiency improvements and material, energy & process cost identification.
- Company: Reduce costs effectively, increase profit and create job security.
More Information on Resource Efficiency and Material flow cost accounting
What is Material Flow Cost Accounting?
Material flow costing is an important tool for achieving resource efficiency in production. Learn more about this method here.
More on MFCA
Our resource efficiency software
Are you looking for an off-the-shelf software for better resource efficiency? Based on our methodical and extensive expertise, we've developed Umberto for just that purpose.
Resource efficiency consulted by iPoint
Proven in many customer projects
Efficiency increase in low-loss production
iPoint’s consultants helped the fisher Group – a multinational manufacturer of fixing products – discover optimization potentials in their new production process through MFCA.
As part of an MFCA energy and material consumption was systematically calculated. The plan included identifying hotspots in the production process and making them transparent. The process-oriented modeling of the value chain also enables...
Process Optimization in the Chemical Industry
Ciba Specialty Chemicals (now BASF Schweiz AG) is a leading chemical company. The company used Umberto to optimize processes. By using the method of ECO engineering potentials for system optimizations and savings are systematically identified.